At Woodland Shores we encourage everyone to serve someone in the name of Christ at least once a week.
Woodlanders put their Faith-in-Action in many ways, including:
- Benevolent Offerings
- Care Ministry
- Caring Cupboard Food Pantry
- Forgotten Man Ministries
- Harbor Country Emergency Food Pantry
- Herbie Health Clinic in Benton Harbor
- “Living Free in Christ" Addiction Recovery Program
- Meals Ministry
- Operation Christmas Child
- "OCCDA" (Overflow Christian Community Development Association of Benton Harbor) - Wonderland Toy Store
- Pregnancy Care Center of Niles
- Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (Frieda Atkinson, St. Joseph)
- Soup Kitchen in Benton Harbor
- Telephone/Email Prayer Networks
Woodland Shores provides generous prayer and financial support to missionary partners who serve on the frontlines of evangelism locally, regionally, and globally. In addition, we frequently send students and adults on short-term missionary projects lasting from several days to several weeks.
Our Global Missions Committee oversees this ministry and provides missionary updates to the church family. Our goal is to “reach as many as possible” with the gospel (1 Corinthians 9.19-23).
Our 2017 missionary partners are:
- Angela Caffrey (Kenya - World Gospel Mission)
- Mike and Pam Chupp (Tennessee - Christian Medical and Dental Association)
- Larry and Jean DePue (Michigan - Child Evangelism Fellowship - Retired)
- Paul and Melissa Ewing (Japan - North American Baptist Conference)
- Great Lakes Association of North American Baptist Conference of Churches (Rev. Terry Holley)
- Ron and Donna Pontier (Uganda - Africa Inland Mission AIR)
- Chuck and Dianne Roeper (University of Michigan - CRU)
- Moises and Carolyn Ruiz (Mexico - Evangelical Missionary Church of Canada)
- John Schindler (US/Africa - John Schindler Ministries)
To serve and encourage our partners in sensitive global areas, we do not identify several families or their locations.